There have been some interesting reads on the internet this week. Here are a couple worth your time.
Culture Change Questions
- Have you ever wondered how much more productive it is to engage people in the change process? About 5 times, according to research mentioned in this article.
The article contains 3 great questions that fed information to one CEO:
- How do you make a difference? (testing for alignment on the company’s direction);
- What improvement idea are you working on? (emphasising continuous improvement);
- When did you last get coaching from your boss? (emphasising the importance of employee development);
- Who is the enemy? (emphasising the importance of “One Company”/no silos, i.e., emphasising that the “right” answer was the competition and not some other department).
- Also an article from a past post: Take time to understand the current culture before building a new one.
- Often decisions are made in a limited context. This article discusses the need to understand the complete business development cycle.
We hope you enjoy your weekend reading! Remember, do it in style, by the pool, in the bush or on top of a mountain.